WELCOME 친구 CHIN-GU (FRIENDS)!

"Thanks for dropping by! Her Korean Things love to share K-Happiness with everyone through blogging down her encounters with anything Korean in her life. This is a place where stories go personal and the Kpop fanatic writer tend to relate most of her food, travel, concert, language, drama, songs, critics and whatever articles to anything Kpop! Feel free to read more about Her Korean Things here!"

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Book Review: Special Date

Anyong! 

I love So Nyeo Shi Dae's comic book series! In fact, I got to know that elementary school girls love to read such comic books! Thought it would be great for me to read up and I took one of my host's daughter's book to read.

If you have some decent level of Korean language, you will really enjoy this comic series a lot! Every book is on different topics, ranging from fashion, to hair style, to food, and my favourite would be "Special Date". In Korean it's called 특별한 데이트 (teuk-byeol-han de-i-teu)

특별한 teuk-byeol-han: Special. It comes from the Chinese word 特别
데이트 de-i-teu: date (this is pretty much obvious)

Note that the "특 teuk" is same as Super Junior's 이특 Lee Teuk's "teuk"

Anyway back to the book! The Cover! Isn't it lovely? :)

For those who can read Korean, you will realised the conversation is actually quite simple! Trust me, you'll be able to enjoy this book a lot if your Korean level is intermediate, and you'll be able to learn a lot through reading as well! Well that's one of the ways I picked up Korean. Some snap shots:



Let me pick 2 phrase to share (it's based on the last 2 dialouges from the above picture):
1. 좋아하는 사람 (cho-a-ha-neun  sa-ram): Someone you like; 喜欢的人
좋아하는 cho-a-ha-neun : like
사람 sa-ram : person

So let's say if one day you want to show off some skills by saying "I have someone I like", just add 있어요 (is-sseo-yo: have/exist).

So the sentence will be: 좋아하는 사람 있어요 (cho-a-ha-neun sa-ram is-seo-yo)

2. 누군데? (nu-gun-de): Who is it??

Pretty easy right, these 2 phrases? ;)

Hope you learned a thing or 2!

For those who are interested to order this comic book do write to herkoreanthings@gmail.com! :) 


2 comments: