WELCOME 친구 CHIN-GU (FRIENDS)!

"Thanks for dropping by! Her Korean Things love to share K-Happiness with everyone through blogging down her encounters with anything Korean in her life. This is a place where stories go personal and the Kpop fanatic writer tend to relate most of her food, travel, concert, language, drama, songs, critics and whatever articles to anything Kpop! Feel free to read more about Her Korean Things here!"

Monday 18 June 2012

7 Fave Songs Of My Night With SHINHWA

[Fan girl mode]


16 JUNE 2012 WILL BE ONE OF MY BEST DAYS IN 2012

Yes, if you are a Kpop lover - there is no way you should not know who is SHINHWA. 

SHINHWA is the legend of K-pop, alongside with great boy groups like H.O.T and G.O.D! 

SHINHWA is the Backstreet Boys of Korea!

SHINHWA is the only band who've lasted so long (and famous) since they've debuted 
- 14 years and counting!

SHINHWA is the band where all upcoming Kpop bands like to cover!

SHINHWA itself means LEGEND in Korean and Chinese!

SHINHWA IS LEGEND!


When I knew they were having a concert in Singapore I told myself "Rue, YOU.HAVE.TO.GO!" Yes, I've waited for 10 freaking years for them to hit our shores! Even if they might come to Malaysia soon, I would not want to take that risk - and so I bought the ticket. Heck it, I'm going to the concert alone and it doesn't matter! Kwaenchana!

Fans were amazing, although the orange sea weren't that much of a brilliant orange sea. But it's great to see that SHINHWA has lots of fans that the whole concert hall of Resort World Singapore was full house! 

They sang many songs. You can briefly know which generation the fans are when you hear to what song they cheered to! People from my generation cheered towards old songs - like super old legendary songs. Young new Shinhwa fans went crazy over their current new song - Venus.

TOP 7 SONGS WHICH MADE ME WENT "WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ONCE THEY STARTED:

#1 - Hey! Come On!
One of the opening song - which I must say it was a good pick! This is one old awesome song which a Taiwanese band actually copied it as well! Check out their hairstyle back in 2001, so old school! T.T But I got to admit that the now 30 year old-ish SHINHWA doesn't dance as vigorous as they were back then :)


#2 -Wild Eyes
My heart beat raced like crazy when I saw the chairs on stage I knew "Wild Eyes" is kicking in soon! And indeed it did and I jumped up from my chair! Crazy legendary songs where most of the current Kpop group love to cover! I assume it's because of the chairs! 



#3 - Perfect Man
Any SHINHWA fans will know this song once the intro kicks in....and you'll go "cause you are the one......SHIN-HWA-CHANG-JO!!". Well I presume most of us love this song partly due to the high kick of the dance moves too! :P


#4 - Eusha Eusha!
This is one song I CAN NEVER IMAGINED THE 30 YEAR OLD-ISH SHINHWA IS SINGING RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES! I kept on laughing, and laughing, and laughing until my tears oozed out. But yes - it's one lovely song I grew up with and I'm so glad that they sing it eventhough it might not suite their personality now that they are matured, successful middle-aged men who carry a different type of aura.

But they still acted cute when they went "Eusha Eusha!" and "HEY HEY HEY HO!". Can you imagine Eric and Jun Jin went "Eusha! Eusha!" at this age now? Way too hilarious and cute at the same time!



#5 - I Pray For You
Another lovely song which they dedicated to us, thanking us for constantly supporting them! The feeling is so different when I'm listening it L.I.V.E.


#6 - Once In A Lifetime
This is THE SONG I've been longing to hear it live in front of me. This is THE SONG that always inspired me to chase for my dreams. This is THE SONG that made me cry when I first hear it. This is THE SONG that blew me away with the opening of its MV with 6 awesome men walking towards me. This is THE SONG that also blew me away with the same 6 awesome men singing right in front of ME! This is THE SONG that made me teary on June 16, 2012!

Sad that Hye Sung has a little bad throat so he couldn't raise too much of his voice at parts where he used to in this song - or else it'll be perfect. But it's OK, because it's Hye Sung oppa, I forgive him :P


#7 -Venus
OK, how can I not include their top hit song of the year 2012!


This is the first concert where I didn't take much photos because of reason number one - I did not bring any gadgets with me. Reason number two - I just want to enjoy looking at them and singing along. When the concert was about to end, I rushed out to the VIP area and snap whatever I can and I'm glad I got my Jun Jin oppa and Eric oppa! :)



And this is also want I got and brought home to add to my treasure chest! :) SHINHWA post cards! Eric and Jun Jin is so drop dead hot!

Of course, like any other concerts SHINHWA has funny videos to share with fans during their break as well - and it's very touching. Random clips of their debut earlier days made me teary. A video of them gathering together to plan for a Return Tour was hilarious and funny. It's just amazing to see how much they've grown up, and amazing to know how long I've grew up together with them :)

SHINHWA - YEAR 1998.
To be honest - I don't know what is Min Woo doing..some sort of Kung Fu?
If ever they are coming to Malaysia - I WILL BUY VIP TICKETS!

[fan girl mode ends]

As I'm writing this, I feel all so teary. 


1 comment:

  1. hi,i entered your blog accidentally and am really happy knowing you like shinhwa.
    im also a malaysian as well. unfortunately, people around me don't even know who shinhwa are (mostly)
    nice to meet you. can we be friends?=]

    ReplyDelete