WELCOME 친구 CHIN-GU (FRIENDS)!

"Thanks for dropping by! Her Korean Things love to share K-Happiness with everyone through blogging down her encounters with anything Korean in her life. This is a place where stories go personal and the Kpop fanatic writer tend to relate most of her food, travel, concert, language, drama, songs, critics and whatever articles to anything Kpop! Feel free to read more about Her Korean Things here!"

Sunday 30 October 2011

Astro Kpop Hitz Talent

Anyong!

OK this is a very very super outdated review. Well, it happened before I started this blog. 미안해 (mi-an-hae | sorry). 용서해줘 yong-seo-hae-jwo (yong-seo | forgive; hae-jwo | please). 용서 (yong-seo) comes from the Chinese word 原恕

Thanks to Jasmine, I got a free reserved seat (very good view, thanks onni!) at the Astro Kpop Hitz Talent Show (Final round) recording at Wisma Bentley Music, Mutiara Damansara. Was aired on Channel 705. 고마워요 언니(ko-ma-wo-yo | thank you ; on-ni | sister)!!

Being a K-pop lover, I was all ready to enjoy what the Kpop Cover Dance Groups in Malaysia have to offer! With Hallyu now on the rise (and still rising), Kpop Cover Dance Groups also get the limelight I must say. They even have their own fan base! In year 2006 I covered Super Junior's "U" (dancing Han Kyung's part) with other awesome girls, and we launched Malaysia Super Junior fan club with that dance, quite a nice memory back then :)

Super Junior's "U"


Anyway, another motive of going there was to support my dear friend Wilson. We used to perform Dong Bang Shin Ki's "O" together.

Dong Bang Shin Ki - O Jung Ban Hap


Wilson's team name is called "JAYSON". A combination of his name and his fellow dance mate, Jayden who's good in popping. I must say their moves are pretty slick and neat. The judges also commented that their techniques are something to be proud of. Go JAYSON! It's a little pity that they could have work better out fit, but I'm sure they will push on and achieve more successful moments in the future! They were the 2nd runner up! If only they have more people in the team, the dance could be choreographed better, 2 persons are some times quite limiting :)

LOOKING GREAT: Me and JAYSON with their winning trophy.

Watch JAYSON's winning dance:


Nevertheless, I was also there to support my another friend who's dance group is unassumingly famous in Malaysia as well - Dawn's Arch ;) The leader of Dawn's Arch was the first person who taught me how to dance in my entire life! I'm glad that her passion for dancing is still burning. They did not win, but they did put on a great dance!

Watch Dawn's Arch's act:



One of the dance team always reminds me of Google. Yeah, it's none other than Chrome L! Hats off to their creativity and originality of some of the moves, love it! I love the story within the dance, it's a pitty they weren't the winner. But as long as they are continuing to dance, continuing pursuing what they love, it doesn't matter ;) Dance for life!

Watch Chrome L's performance:



Alas, who's the CHAMPION?

It's no other than the one and only Ruffneckz! I like their remix, would be great if I could have their version. :P 좋지? (cho-ji : good right?)

Watch Ruffneckz winning act



Ruffneckz went on an all-paid trip to Korea! How great is that :) Continue to make Malaysia proud!

I really like the MC for the show - Jehan Miskin! He really jazzed up the show and it was even a lot more funny when his tongue twisted and we have to record again. :) Oh Jehan,don't worry, you did awesome!

Ok 친구들 (chin-gu-deul | friends), I admit this is one of the worst review you ever read, I forgot what happened except for these few dances only since it has been months. Event and concert reviews will be better soon!

Good night! 잘자 (chal-ja | good night/sleep well)

No comments:

Post a Comment