WELCOME 친구 CHIN-GU (FRIENDS)!

"Thanks for dropping by! Her Korean Things love to share K-Happiness with everyone through blogging down her encounters with anything Korean in her life. This is a place where stories go personal and the Kpop fanatic writer tend to relate most of her food, travel, concert, language, drama, songs, critics and whatever articles to anything Kpop! Feel free to read more about Her Korean Things here!"

Monday 24 October 2011

Travel: Haeundae Beach, Busan

Everyone loves Seoul, Soul of Asia. When I say, "Nope, I prefer Busan"; I got bombarded with all sorts of questions. Erm, what's wrong with Busan? :) 

I love Seoul, but Busan more, freaking more! My Busan journey started when we hopped on to the free bus provided by the Korea Government, it's one of my best bus moments ever! Well, I rarely sit buses back at Malaysia (do you sit lots of buses?). Anyway  if you are travelling from Seoul to Busan, you better do remember to book this luxurious free bus early!

The fact that I love Busan so much is because of:
Haeundae Beach

In my country we don't really have many great beaches around us. The cities are always so faraway from the beach! You don't get to experience K-drama scenes where a couple broke up near a shopping mall and next *poof!*, they're beside the sea pouring their hearts out! Busan is so different, it's the 2nd largest city, with this beautiful Haeundae beach within reach, you typically get the best of both worlds!

After checking in to Hello GuestHouse, my cousins and I took a 3 minutes walk to the long awaited Haeundae beach! Contrary to some beaches where the sands were rough, Haeundae beach during the noon was soft, warm and so smooth! Best part of it was hot dudes + sexy chicks. Worst part of it was ... I can't run with a bikini on. 

Anyway, back to Haeundae:
Chevy sponsored orange umbrellas

They say the best time to go to the beach is during Summer. That's right if you love being squeezed with thousands of people on the beach, even in the sea. How are you going to swim? If you are someone who would love to take cool jump shots with an awesome beach and sea background, accompanied with 1/3 of the city-scape; I recommend you to go during end of August - mid September.  That's when the summer break is over, the weather is still warm and you'll have most of the beach to yourself! Like me!

No bikini T.T
I love taking jump shots. And no, I did not slap my cousin.

September is also a good time for beach because the sea isn't that cold yet.  Somehow I felt Haeundae resembles Bondi beach from Sydney a lot in terms of the landscape :) For those who love to swim, the sea is ALL YOURS if you go after Korea's summer break! You can rent yellow tubes at a rate of 5000 won (USD 5) per tube and use it as long as you would want to.

Be careful if you plan to sit on the tube at the shore...You'll most likely being flipped over by the waves if they're strong enough :) Well, at least I was, a few times.

White sand + blue sea + 5000 won yellow tube each + 2 pretty girls = Perfect Picture


For just an extra 5000 won (USD 5), we rented an umbrella with a mat which was wide enough for 2 persons to lie on for a good rest by the sea! Thanks to my poor memory, I do not remember how much was it to rent the benches, but I do remember it's definitely much more expensive!

Chilling out after a good dip in the sea


We love the beach so much thata during our last day before we left for Jejudo, we went and rented a mat again just to sleep by the sea. Such a peaceful feeling! I miss it so much!

My view 

My cousin brother took another short rest beside the sea before we really really left reluctantly


Beach aside, Busan has awesome night view, will make other posts on other stuffs in Busan! :)

Credits to Google Images


Spendings:
Yellow tube per person - 5000 won
Mat & Umbrella - 5000 won


By the way, after visiting Haeundae, you should really re-watch (or watch if you have yet to!) the movie again:


Visit Rating: 5/5! Must Visit!

2 comments:

  1. cool. Thanks for introducing my hometown beautifully.

    ReplyDelete