WELCOME 친구 CHIN-GU (FRIENDS)!

"Thanks for dropping by! Her Korean Things love to share K-Happiness with everyone through blogging down her encounters with anything Korean in her life. This is a place where stories go personal and the Kpop fanatic writer tend to relate most of her food, travel, concert, language, drama, songs, critics and whatever articles to anything Kpop! Feel free to read more about Her Korean Things here!"

Sunday 29 January 2012

My Next Baseball Match Is With 2PM Taecyeon!

One good thing to do while you're travelling is to watch a local sport match, or popular sport match which is happening in the country! In Korea, BASEBALL is a very happening sport and your trip is absolutely not completed if you have yet to watch one match! Even couples like to treat baseball match as dates! 

Baseball is super hot in Korea. Even drama likes baseball, like the K-Drama Cinderella Sisters in which our hot sizzling talented 2PM's Taecyeon was in it! If I have the chance I would really want to watch baseball with him!
Rue: "My next match will be watching with him!"
Reality: "Dream on"
Fantasy: "You'll never know you might win some 'A Date With Taec' contest!"
Rue: I LOVE YOU FANTASY!

So I was all so curious about baseball even though I'm not a baseball fan. But guess what, when I was in the stadium, I screamed my lungs all out and I totally enjoyed the atmosphere! So I highly recommend you to watch a baseball match if there's a good match in town!

Why was it so fun? Let me share the Top 7 Reasons!

REASON #1: It's Cheap. 
It's just 8,000 Won (USD 8) per entrance! You get to choose which side you want to sit according to which team you are supporting! Usually I'll go with the one which is more famous, don't we all do that? :) I supported LG Twins!

REASON #2: It's a concert itself!
TWINS supporters were so awesome! One thing I like about their baseball matches was that whenever a new batter is going up the field, there will be a special dedicated song for them and they will definitely include the name of the batter as part of the song's lyrics for example "Yoon Ji Woong HOME RUN"! Everyone will definitely have their own song! The whole stadium was more like a battle of songs between two houses instead of the baseball match itself! The TWINS supporter area was just like a red sea, for a moment I felt I was at TVXQ concert! 

REASON #3: Feed your eyes with hot cheerleaders dancing!
Yes! Just like basketball matches, baseball matches have sexy cheerleaders too! I noticed some guys were cheering all the way when the cheer leaders were dancing to the hottest song in town at that point of time! Not only that, the crowd were very sporting and they danced together with the cheerleaders!

REASON #4: Watch people kiss!
Yeap just like how Australian football always have break time cash giveaways, Korean Baseball have KISS TIME! So on that night itself I witnessed 3 kisses! Dating couple kiss, married couple kiss, and parent-child kiss! So lovely! Well accepted public displayed affections! So glad they didn't choose me and my cousin!

REASON #5: To take a picture with the grand stadium

REASON #6: 
Amazing matches make your heart pumps faster and faster and you'll stand up and yell together when it's a home run!

REASON #7:
Because Taecyeon was associated with baseball before! Hottest fans scream!

TIPS FOR TOURIST
Who Should Go?
Anyone! Even if you're not a baseball lover you should go and blend in with the locals, that's where you get a real feel of what Koreans do!

How to Go?
Take a subway to Jamsil station and heads towards Jamsil Baseball Stadium


Please watch it, even if it's not with Taecyeon. :P


Subway:
Line 2 or Line 8
Jamsil Station

No comments:

Post a Comment