WELCOME 친구 CHIN-GU (FRIENDS)!

"Thanks for dropping by! Her Korean Things love to share K-Happiness with everyone through blogging down her encounters with anything Korean in her life. This is a place where stories go personal and the Kpop fanatic writer tend to relate most of her food, travel, concert, language, drama, songs, critics and whatever articles to anything Kpop! Feel free to read more about Her Korean Things here!"

Saturday 7 January 2012

Type Korean Like A Pro!

I've always love playing typing game! I guessed that was how I got my typing speed fast! Well that's for typing ABCs. Ever played Korean typing game?

Last time I used to practise my typing by following lyrics and I just kept on typing and typing and typing!

Later on I found out there's this cool site to practise your typing speed! Although I can type Korean without looking at the keyboard now but once a while I still make some mistakes thus, I'm still playing this typing game!

First thing you need to make sure: 
You have a Korean keyboard set. In order to do that just go to Control Panels and add Korean as your language.

Introducing you Daum Kids Typing Game!

There are 3 categories: Character, Words, Sentences.

Category 1: Character
 All you have to do is just to type the specific hangul word and click enter to kill off the bombs!

Category 2: Words
 This category has 7 levels and the speed of the bombs are faster as the level increases. So type it and hit enter before it lands! If you aim to type fast, you should practise Category 2 more. I always had a hard time when it's double consonant because I've to press shift! 

Category 3: Sentences
For most advance typers. They show you your scores and your accuracy. See the numbers below? 

First row (L to R): Your current score / Your average score
Second row (L to R): Your highest score / Your accuracy

Unfortunately I don't know how they count the scores haha. So I always look at accuracy and keep making sure my scores are higher and higher every time. Anyone knows how they count? If you love to see how accurate you can be, Category 3 is the best start for you!


Have fun typing and hope it helps you improve your Korean typing skills! Do you know of other interesting sites?


2 comments: