WELCOME 친구 CHIN-GU (FRIENDS)!

"Thanks for dropping by! Her Korean Things love to share K-Happiness with everyone through blogging down her encounters with anything Korean in her life. This is a place where stories go personal and the Kpop fanatic writer tend to relate most of her food, travel, concert, language, drama, songs, critics and whatever articles to anything Kpop! Feel free to read more about Her Korean Things here!"

Monday 5 December 2011

Jung Sung Ha Proved Talent Comes With Persistence Too!

Many guys play guitar to woo girls.
Many of them treat guitar as an accompanying instrument or a sing-a-long tool.
Many of them prefer to go all crazy and jam with electronic guitars.
But this one young man makes everyone view acoustic guitar in a different way. He is 정성하Jung Sung Ha!

I'm so fortunate to get free entrance to Jung Sung Ha's Live in Kuala Lumpur performance at UCSI today! I've always loved his plays on Youtube and meeting him in person finally is so different. He played right in front of my eyes! This young chap has such amazing talents in him, oh so gifted!
He's that person who can play by ears and make things different from the norm. I like his arrangement and somehow his music just makes me smile. Quoting from his official website "I used to not have tabs for the music that I played in my videos. I just listen and pick them up directly from the sound source in videos available on the internet."


Unfortunately I was a little late so I missed some of the front part, I guessed the opening would be surprising. :) We weren't allowed to take pictures or record so I only managed to take less than 5, where out of them only 2 made it to the "OK this pic is at least clear" stage. My compact camera doesn't work quite well under the dimmed light I supposed.


Sung Ha performed with his acoustic guitar as well as ukulele. Songs ranged from famous english pop songs, to Kpop covers like 2NE1's 'Lonely', Hotel California's 'Eagle', and even our all time favourite Super Mario's theme song mashed up! My favourite would the theme soundtrack from 'Pirates of the Carribean'!

No doubt, everyone cheered as his fingers moved on his guitar strings at such speed which I would never be able to do. At the end of the performance we had an autograph session and I get to take a picture with him!





I'm very sure Sung Ha is not just all talent. Talent is a gift, but a gift have to be mould into an extraordinary gift as well. No one can play a song tip top perfect without consistent practices and constant improvement. This evening Sung Ha showed us that such skills are not built overnight, but over years of pushing himself to go over the boundaries that he'd set, and consistently breaking boundaries!

He'd been an inspiration to most of the aspiring musicians in the room, and to people who love music, like me ;)

Feel free to enjoy some of his awesome plays on his Youtube.


Or you can also view some of the videos below, my favourite picks :P







Thanks for dropping by! Hope you like the videos!



1 comment: