WELCOME 친구 CHIN-GU (FRIENDS)!

"Thanks for dropping by! Her Korean Things love to share K-Happiness with everyone through blogging down her encounters with anything Korean in her life. This is a place where stories go personal and the Kpop fanatic writer tend to relate most of her food, travel, concert, language, drama, songs, critics and whatever articles to anything Kpop! Feel free to read more about Her Korean Things here!"

Saturday 3 December 2011

My Top 10 Kpop Christmas Song!

Christmas is near, so near! Koreans celebrate Christmas with great decorations, church performances and yes, Kpop Christmas songs! In South Korea, the population is majority Christians if we exclude those without any religions. You can see churches everywhere. At night, the cross on the churches will be lit up and if you see it from above, you'll be able to see many lighted crosses! Mostly in red or in yellow. That's not only during Christmas season, but every day! Did you know that the largest congregation (more than 1,000,000 members) in the whole wide world is in South Korea? It's the Yoido Full Gospel Church. I've personally been there and I can tell you it's amazing, everything is so magnificent and you can totally feel God's presence! Yeap, I'm a Christian!

Now back to our topic - Top Kpop Christmas song! I've a few which I really love dearly.

#1 - SHOW ME YOUR LOVE by SUPER JUNIOR & TVXQ
This is my very very very first Christmas song by TVXQ and Super Junior when they just debuted! They looked so different years back then, so pure and innocent, so fresh! I'll always remember how YooChun rapped "not that CALL". Seeing this video made me teary, I miss Kibum, Han Kyung, Kang In, JYJ!!


#2 - THE FIRST NOEL by TVXQ
The peaceful Korean version. Again, I miss them as a whole. Don't all Cassiopeia misses them?


#3 - PRAYER by SHINHWA
Every Kpop fan who grew up since the H.O.T. era, would greatly appreciate legendary Kpop like H.O.T & Shinhwa. They're the first generation of the strong Hallyu wave. They are the ones whose songs and dances are always covered by the Kpop artists now like U-Kiss or Beast! This song is so lovely, and the lyrics are exactly the words you would want to hear when you are discouraged and you need strength!


#4 - EVERYDAY IS A MERRY CHRISTMAS by PARK JUNG MIN
Park Jung Min's voice never fails to serenade me to sleep. Although his 'Not Alone' is a great song to comfort us that we're not along during Christmas, I would still pick this song for the season!


#5 - CHRISTMAS WITH YOU by SE7EN
Se7en was one of my top Kpop artist for his song writing talent and dance! I particularly like this song from his album 'Must Listen'. It's really a Must listen! It's that kind of song you would love to play at the background while you and your lover are having a great time together with champagne under the mistletoe!


#6 - FIRST SNOW FIRST KISS by DALMATION ft BEAST YOSEUB
Ok this song makes me sway to the left and to the right when it comes to the bridge! Totally love the bridge!


#7 - THIS CHRISTMAS by JYP NATION (JYP, 2PM, 2AM, WONDERGIRLS, TABLO ETC)
You know how Entertainment companies love to produce their own special company Christmas vids? I love JYP's most because point number one, JYP is in it; point number two - somehow their video seems more homely and warm. Maybe it's nice to see the director singing along with them. JYP is one different outstanding director in this field, he sings, dances, writes, choreo and more!


#8 - CHRISTMAS SERENADE by 4MEN, MI & BEBE MIGNON
Everyone loves 4Men's voice don't they? The beautiful voices playing at the background of the drama "Boys Over Flowers". This song was made perfect with Mi & BeBe Mignon added into it. Their vocals are so complementing! Makes the song feels Christmasy too!


#9 - MERRY CHRISTMAS IN ADVANCE by IU & THUNDER
I always thought that IU's voice is suitable for Christmas song :) I'm right! And MBLAQ's Thunder add a sweet twist to the whole song and I love it!


#10 - NO OTHER by SUPER JUNIOR
Honestly, this is not a Christmas song. But I think it's totally great for it to be dedicated during Christmas! Would it be because they're giving gifts or doing special stuffs for their loved ones that's why there's such Christmas feeling? :) Dedicate it to someone whom you want to tell them that there's no other like him/her and he/her is such a great gift and lovely person!


UPCOMING - WHITE CONFESSION by INFINITE
This is the teaser which stirred all Infinite lovers. How will the song be like? The background music made it seem it's gonna be a lovey dovey christmas song to someone you love again!


So, WHAT is your favourite Kpop Christmas song or which song you would like to dedicate during Christmas and WHY?



10 comments:

  1. Love in the ice - DBSK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! That's a good pick! So I bet it's playing in your mind nowadays during Christmas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite Kpop Christmas song is First Snow First Kiss by Drama and Yoseob.

    Those guys sound wonderful together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!

    Yes me too! That's why it's also in my list! I super love it when they soft rapped :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's august now, but I love thinking of christmas in this moment, I don't know why! :) It makes me happy.

    Well, a good pick! ;)

    I love Girls' Generation - Diamond and SHINee's cover of "Last Christmas". Love it so much! ^^
    Good memories of last year ^^

    Greetings from Germany :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guten tag? Am I correct?

      Thanks for dropping by and sharing your fave! Christmas is my favourite moment too!

      Delete
  6. now its christmas! happy christmas everyone ;) may God bless us all

    ReplyDelete
  7. i guess we have the same pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. The First Noel by TVXQ is GREAT!!!! I LOVE THEIR VOICE!!! <3

    ReplyDelete